NGO jobs in Ethiopia. CARE Ethiopia is a nongovernmental organization focused on and long-term program approach to poverty eradication, they prioritize working with women and girls in rural and urban areas.
Job Position: Accounting and Finance(Intern)
- BSC In Accounting, Business Administration, management, and related fields.
- 0-1 Year Maximum
- Certificate for computer basic skills ( Excel particularly )and Financial system( People soft and Agresso, sun )
- good written and verbal Amharic, English, and language skills
- Good computer proficiency (i.e., Ms. Word, Excel,)
- Firm belief in gender equality and sensitivity to vulnerable groups
- Team player, flexible, and able to work in the multi-cultural working setting
- Quick learning ability, communication, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful situation can multi-task, excellent writing skills, team player and problem solver
- Courage, accountability, respect, excellence, planning, organizing, initiating action, innovation, interpersonal skills, and stress tolerance.
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
The intern will be engaged in:
- Review travel advance and project advance with the help of the Finance officer
- Assisting in the preparation of bank reconciliation
- Preparing cash register book each month
- Scanning financial documents for people’s soft attachment
- Data entry for travel and project advance -at pre-paid voucher
- Payments are properly coded and approved by the budget holder
- Backing documents for procurement and non-procurement financial documents
- Assisting the Finance and Accounting Specialist in payroll preparation
- Preparing to withhold tax
- Preparing check
- Facilitating bank signatory changes
- Mark paid stamp all payment documents
- Filing financial documents
Deadline: September 3,2022
How To Apply: use the following link to apply https://www.ethiojobs.net/display-job/421767/Intern-(Finance).html