We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
Position 1: Liaison Officer
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Liaison officer within the External Affairs and Regulatory Function in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
- To coordinate and execute day-to-day engagement with relevant Government Offices, statutory organizations, Commissions, Authorities, and any other organizations holding administrative authority which affects Safaricom Ethiopia’s operations.
- Coordinate beneficial professional relationships with local government offices to ensure that Safaricom Ethiopia Ethiopia’s day-to-day commercial and technical objectives are not adversely affected.
- Coordinate on ad hoc and day to day basis, Safaricom Ethiopia Ethiopia’s engagement policy with National Authorities and Commissions mandated to administrate areas which affects STEP’s operations.
- Coordinate Safaricom Ethiopia Ethiopia’s lobbying plan on ad hoc and day to day basis to ensure that Safaricom Ethiopia is aware and well positioned in legislation at National and County levels.
- Prepare detailed implementation reports providing status and levels of attainment of defined objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science/ Law/
- Post Graduate Qualifications will be an advantage
- At least 2 to 4 years’ working experience in a relationship management role in government or a corporate entity
Position 2: Public Affairs Manager
Reporting to EHOD – Public Affairs, the position holder shall be responsible in managing Public Affairs (including government relations) to enable the company to achieve its commercial strategy and pro-actively mitigate risks for the commercial launch and operations of the company, contributing to Digital Ethiopia objectives of the country.
- Execute Public Affairs strategy, to deliver Public Affairs priorities in country (Policy priorities, Social Contract)
- Maintain a comprehensive stakeholder map, measuring engagement against KPIs
- Co-create and adapt political narratives, argumentation trees and Public Affairs collateral assets to local circumstances (where necessary) and engage external stakeholders based on a structured and consistent sales approach
- Engage regional leaders of the country on wide range of issues
- 5 years of experience working in or with government.
- Good and solid network with various stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, law, economics or similar discipline